Monday, May 11, 2009

How can I get my hibiscus bush to grow more flowers?

My hibiscus bush has mostly green leaves but many branches are bare of leaves. It has harldly any flowers. I water almost every day. It used to overflow with flowers. It sits in the sun almost all day. Am I watering too much or not enough?

How can I get my hibiscus bush to grow more flowers?
Actually, watering only has partly to do with it. Flowers on the hibiscus only grow on the new growth for each year. If you want loads of flowers, then just before the leaves fall in september, go around and trim the taller branches. Even if winter kills some of the old branches, the new growth that results, just gives more flowers. Just be careful of all those seeds after the flowers!
Reply:Bone meal! In pellets or liquid form. You can find it at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, anywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment